Soundproof dog crates are an easy way to make a pup feel comfortable during travel.
It’s a simple method of stopping them from getting spooked by limiting outside noise.
The experience could end up becoming traumatic for a scared pupper without one.
Let’s take a look at some examples to ensure this situation never occurs.
You may also like: Top 4 Best Airline Crates for German Shepherds
Our Top Pick
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
If you don’t have time to read our entire article, I’d suggest buying Zampa Pet Portable Crate. It should have no issues making sure your dog travels unburdened by outside noises.
What is a Soundproof Dog Crate?
The first thing to understand is dog crates can’t be entirely soundproof for safety reasons. But certain models are more effective at limiting noises than others.
These “soundproof” crates are made from sound-absorbing materials and covered on all sides.
Each covered side will act as a deterrent to limit exterior sounds from entering your dog’s sacred space.
But this construction will also limit noise from getting out.
It’ll make a barking dog less of a nuisance for everyone around your traveling party.
The 6 Best Soundproof Dog Crates
Use the table below for a quick look at our picks for the best soundproof dog crates, then read on for full details about each.
1. Noz2Noz Soft-Krater Indoor and Outdoor Crate
The Noz2Noz Soft-Krater Indoor and Outdoor Crate is an outstanding option for giving dogs some privacy.
It has four-mesh walls capable of creating a calming environment for your pupper.
I could envision my Chihuahua snuggling up inside it without a worry in the world.
- Durable construction
- Available in five sizes: 21-inch, 26-inch, 30-inch, 36-inch, and 42-inch
- Easy to assemble
- Simple cleaning process
- Some customers had issues with the zippers
Aside from its calming effect, owners should love this product’s simple cleaning and assemble processes.
It ends up being a convenient way to ensure your dog’s traveling experiences never become too stressful.
But a few customers did report the zippers being tricky to zip.
- Durable, Well-Ventilated Pet Crate For Indoor Or Outdoor Use
- Made With New Heavy-Duty Tight-Weave Mesh Fabric
- For pets up to 40 pounds
- Sets Up In Seconds Anywhere You Want To Go
- Rounded Corners Protect Home Décor And Auto Interior
2. Petsfit Soft Portable Dog Crate
One of the better crates for traveling purposes would have to be Petsfit’s Soft Portable Dog Crate.
It features a folding quality, proper ventilation, lightweight design, and an easy cleaning process.
There isn’t much more a dog owner could want from their traveling crate.
- Good ventilation
- Available in three sizes: 20”X19”X20″(LxWxH), 30″x24”x25″(LxWxH), and 35″x29″x30″(LxWxH)
- Foldable for easy transporting
- Easy to assemble
- Machine washable
- Durability issues
I love this crate for its portability, ventilated mesh walls, and various sizing options.
These aspects make it a perfect option for cultivating an anxiety-free environment for your dog.
But a couple of buyers did mention the product broke down earlier than expected.
- Dimension: 35''LX29''WX30''H,Provide private room for your pet anywhere you go.Perfect size for large dog up to 80 pounds.
- Easy to set up,no tools needed.
- Three mesh sides for good ventilation.
- Foldable,easy to travel with carrying case.
- Machine washable mat for easier cleaning.
3. Zampa Pet Portable Crate
Dog owners with medium or small dog breeds should take a gander at the Zampa Pet Portable Crate.
It has four-enclosed sturdy walls, which will stop a lot of noise from coming into the crate.
I could easily see this crate being a perfect option for my Beagle-mix, who’s terrified of loud noises.
- Simple to assemble
- Easy to clean
- Carrying case included
- Affordable price
- Durable construction
- Only for dogs up to 35 pounds
This crates construction alone would be enough to make our list.
But it also comes with a carrying case, affordable price, and an easy cleaning process.
If the product came with a few size options, it’d be the perfect soundproof crate.
4. AmazonBasics Portable Folding Dog Travel Crate
AmazonBasics’ Portable Folding Dog Travel Crate might be the most versatile soundproof crate on our list.
It’s available in five sizes, comes equipped with two doors, and does a solid job containing noise.
You can’t argue with this level of convenience from one of these crates.
- Great ventilation
- Equipped with two doors for easy access
- Compact design
- Easy to transport
- Available in five sizes: 21″, 26″, 30″, 36″, and 42″
- Doesn’t have carrying handles
Everything about this product lends itself useful to the plight of an anxious dog beside one design flaw.
This model doesn’t come with carrying handles, which is an annoying hassle.
But thankfully, the design is lightweight to ensure moving it remains rather effortless.
- Folding soft-sided 36-inch dog crate for large dogs up to 70 pounds
- 2 doors (top and front); mesh windows and front door for ventilation on all 4 sides
- Secure zipper closures; fastening straps keep unzipped rolled-up doors positioned neatly out of the way
- PVC frame and polyester fabric; sets up in seconds (no tools needed); folds flat for easy transport and compact storage
- Measures 36 by 24 by 24 inches; backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty
5. Petnation Indoor and Outdoor Port-A-Crate
This next soundproof dog crate, Petnation Indoor and Outdoor Port-A-Crate, features a heavy-duty base construction.
It’ll make sure the crate can withstand any wear and tear with relative ease.
Its cute bone mesh-windows certainly help the case by providing a little more style than other choices.
These windows will provide some serious ventilation to ensure your dog remains comfortable.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Available in five sizes: 20-inch, 24-inch, 28-inch, 32-inch, and 26-inch
- Easy to assemble
- Heavy-duty construction
- Solid ventilation
- Not a great choice for doggy escape artists
Most dog owners find this crate more than capable of keeping their dogs calm.
The meshed windows, durable design, and comfortable materials make it a popular choice.
However, owners who have dogs with exceptional escaping abilities might want to look elsewhere.
- Lightweight, portable and great for transportation and short outings
- Tightly weaved mesh fabric panels surrounded by extra-strong steel frame
- For crate trained dogs up to 70 pounds and supervised
- Sets up and folds down in seconds; no tools necessary
- Measures 36 x 25 x 25 inches; made in China
6. AmazonBasics Premium Folding Portable Dog Crate
AmazonBasics’s Premium Folding Portable Dog Crate has many design aspects capable of making your life easier.
These include a sturdy handle, sound-limiting design, and comfortable fleece pet bed.
But my favorite feature has to be its several choices regarding size and color.
These choices allow you to customize it based on your dog’s unique personality.
- Available in five sizes: 21″, 26″, 30″, 36″, 42″
- Durable polyester and PVC design
- Comes in five colors: Black, Blue, Grey, Khaki, and Red
- Equipped with a fleece pet bed
- Handle and shoulder strap for easy carrying
- Harder to fold than other options
This product’s excellent design and numerous choices make it a hard one to beat.
I have to admit my dog would look awesome inside a black version of this crate.
He could travel in-style and not have to worry about any disruptions.
A few customers, though, did mention the crate being harder to fold than others.
- Soft-sided carrier crate for pets that collapses down easily for storage
- Made with durable polyester and PVC material
- Well-ventilated with multiple screened panels for your pet to look out of
- Includes plush fleece-covered pet bed for comfort while on the road
- Accessory pockets on the top and sides for storing treats, toys, and more
You may also like: Top 5 Best Crates for Puppy Training
As I stated earlier, my advice would have to be buying Zampa’s Pet Portable Crate.
It’s the closest a dog owner can get to obtaining a soundproof crate. Honestly, it’s hard to imagine any dog will feeling uncomfortable sleeping inside this wonderful product from Zampa.
I hope you follow my recommendation and get one for your favorite pooch. If you any additional questions or concerns, leave a post in the comment section below.